Useful Links & Information

Swindon Borough Council:


Pot-holes, fallen trees, fly tipping, housing repair, faulty streetlight, blocked drain or gulley, lost pet?


Report a problem online to Swindon Borough Council in a few easy clicks - you will then be able to choose the service area you are looking for: REPORT ONLINE TO SBC



Swindon Borough Council:




Click on the link below:






Missed bin collection? Click on the link below:




Once reported the usual advice is to leave out where possible for collection. 




Swindon Borough Council:


Dog fouling is illegal! 


Report an offender to

Swindon Borough Council:




Health contacts


Care First - 0800 174319 24 hr advice & counselling by phone


NHS 111 – 24 hrs also for emergency dentist (although no dental treatment, only offering advice)


Swindon My Life Portal -


The Samaritans - 08457 909090 or


SANE Mental Health helpline – 0845 767 8000 - The Mental Health helpline offers emotional support and information to those experiencing mental health difficulties, their families and carers. Available 6pm-11pm 7 days per week.


NSPCC helpline – 0808 800 5000


National Domestic Violence helpline – 0808 2000 247


Willows Counselling Service ‘Support the Community’ Campaign -


Marie Curie support line - 0800 090 2309 or visit


Volunteer and helpline services


Swindon Support Network - or call 07564 073931


Voluntary Action Swindon.  01793 538398


Wiltshire Community Foundation. 01380 729284


The Harbour Project.  01793 611682


Food Guidance List   

Swindon Food Collective – 07932 108732


Swindon Night Shelter – 01793 613166


Scrapstore – 01793 513982 // 07739 023290


Royal Voluntary Service – 07342 076383


Swindon Volunteers -



Swindon Borough Council:


HOW TO REPORT AN EMERGENCY and to whom should you report it? Click on the link below:


Advice on major emergencies




Essential emergency contacts - a multi-agency response

The response to an emergency usually involves a number of different organisations all of whom work closely together to co-ordinate an effective response.

Please note, in an emergency telephone 999

The following websites may provide useful help and advice during, and prior to, an emergency situation:





With a population of families and older residents we all like to rely on a great GP practice - the Wanborough Surgery is part of the Ramsbury & Wanborough Surgery: Contact details are: 01793790527


and their website is:



Parish Council Websites - click on the links below:


Bishopstone & Hinton Parva








What should the public expect from a Parish Council:


and what principles should guide their decision making and conduct?




Sir Robert Buckland QC MP is the MP for South Swindon - covering the Ridgeway Ward:


Click here for Sir Robert's website


Tel: 01793 533393



South Swindon Constituency Office
01793 533393
29 B Wood St, Old Town, Swindon, SN1 4AN
Westminster Office
020 7219 7168
Palace of Westminster, Westminster, London, SW1A 0AA

South Swindon


The heart of the village for many who have moved here (including my family) is the fantastic village school - well supported and with a brilliant PTA and Governing body as well as a superb Head-teacher in Andy Drury and his dedicated staff:


Wanborough Primary School





Cllr Gary Sumner

Ridgeway Ward



Tel: 01793 790814


Or use our contact form.

Connect to me.

Print | Sitemap
© Ridgeway Ward